Diane has deep and broad experience in many aspects of organizational development after 17 years in student affairs administration in higher education. Diane’s philosophy is helping organizations solve problems and reach their goals by assisting clients with learning new problem-solving skills they can use in the future.
Change is the new normal for organizations. Diane helps lead positive, sustainable, and effective change initiatives. The key to a stronger organization is to develop the leaders within by combining both individual and group coaching to improve performance, accountability, and sustain results.
Through extensive leadership experience Diane has acquired expertise with:
- Development of strategic plans, mission statements, departmental goals and objectives
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Budget planning management
- Disciplinary procedures
- Coordinating crisis management and emergency responses
- Responding and resolving student and family issues and concerns
Diane’s strengths include:
- Change management — working with departments, committees and other groups to help them plan and implement changes in their organizations.
- Group problem solving — helping a group identify key issues, gather information and outline decisions or action plans needed to address the issues.
- Team development — helping a team to develop its ability to work more effectively together in an organization.
Diane is a Past President of the Board of Directors of the Fort Hays State University Alumni Association, Hays, Kansas. She held past positions as the chief student affairs officer at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri and Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens, Tennessee. Most recently, she was the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs at Fort Hays State University. Previously, Diane served on the Board of Directors for the Habitat for Humanity in Athens, Tennessee.
Diane’s education includes a B.S. in Sociology and an M.S. in Counseling from Fort Hays State University and a Ph.D. in College Student Personnel Administration from the University of Northern Colorado.